Happy. We are born to be happy, and happiness is the Truth of us. Our collective momentary amnesia notwithstanding, my goal is to help us all remember that. Myself included.
The best way I've found to remember Happy is to get quiet. Really quiet. For some, this can seem Herculean, and for most, it's not a regular thing. But don't worry, I've been practicing for a long time, and I know lots of awesome and easy tips. It is my greatest joy to share them!
Here are the main points of my personal philosophy (which isn't "personal" at all...I've just adapted "my" philosophy from centuries of awesomely big thinkers, and generous Truth sharers).
- Happiness is the Truth of us
- Meditation is something we do; a quiet time we take apart from the Crazies
- Mindfulness is a way of being. It wraps the meditation-induced peace around everything we do
- Our thoughts create what we see, so think intentionally!
- It's impossible to change anyone else (oh, how I've tried), but it's perfectly possible--and POWERFUL--to change our thoughts
- There's nowhere to "go" because a part of us still remembers the Truth
- Opening our hearts makes us strong, not vulnerable
- Being happy makes us better:
- family members
- citizens of the world
- Yes, you actually do have time to meditate
- Gratitude is one of the best gifts you can offer yourself
- Mindfulness isn't "hard," but it is very, very different
- It's entirely possible to wake up joyful and energetic every single day
So then, when was the last time you woke up and said, "I LOVE MY LIFE!"? Practicing meditation and mindfulness will probably change the frequency. Before you realize it, you'll likely hear yourself talking more about how much fun you have than how stressed out you are; about how the weight finally just melted away after years of fighting against the scale; of how much better you sleep at night; about how much more you enjoy work, your family...your life! Sounds happy to me.